• With a fresh new relationship with Nike and a steaming hot track that is blaring throughout Harlem, young rapper/athlete TJ Porter continues to build his buzz. Under the guidance of Triangle Offense Management and marketing maverick Wayno, TJ has started his musical journey on the right foot. Meshing his popularity as an elite upcoming baskeball talent, TJ gained much notoriety with his fun filled records found on youtube and Soundcloud. This early energy matched exactly what Wayno of Triangle Offense was looking for.
Now that TJ has the proper people supporting, we are starting to see this talent bloom. Recently, Nike hosted a short docu-styled visual showcasing TJ’s on and off court abilities while debuting snippets of TJ’s sound and his latest record ‘Tricky‘. Adding to the Sports Apperal powerhouses’ efforts, the official video for Tricky has finally surfaced. Hailing fom Harlem, TJ keeps NY on his shoulders as he gives his side of the story from his youthful point of view.
TJ Porter has recently signed with Def Jam and is expected to be one of the next NY artist to break the sound waves. His cadence is infectious, his vibes are all positive and his story is real. He is exactly what music needs today and he seems to be ready to deliver.
Watch ‘Tricky’ Music Video Above and Catch The Nike Sponsored Bio-Video & Pictures Below!
• Mr.’New Phone Who Dis‘ himself has returned delivering a quick hit before the summer officially comes to an end. Accompanying Slim Dollars is UpTown’s own DJ E-Double who is a teammate with Slim in their collective dubbed LitBoyzWorldWide/TripSet. The anthem styled track ‘XXL‘ is an uptempo heavy bass track that Slim laces the wax with a hypnotic flow. Previously being covered by renown magazine brand XXL, Slim has appeared in the Lifestyle Magazine multiple times and makes those references in the record. The young Harlem-Knight continues to represent his musical family, his neighborhood and his style. We are expecting yet another project from Slim Dollars in the near future and many random releases from our friend DJ E-Double.
…. Listen To Slim Dollars ‘XXL’ Below, ENJOY ….
• It’s a Harlem collaboration that this second quarter start off needed. Our good homie Slim Dollars always laces the summer with rooftop event ready music and with his latest release, he doesn’t let us down. Dubbed “Ready”, This Tripset x Traplord collaboration features Harlem familia Marty Baller and even introduces fresh drum kicks from NYC production duo Qua’lity & Teeburr. The Indian trance loop and heavy bass hits sets the stage for the rowdy pair to go on their verbal rampage. Slim is known for his high energy and wit for wordplay and naturally he takes advantage of such qua’lity production. Marty was a clutch 1-man to lead the track off, and maintained the playful energy the record calls for.
These two shared stages at this years SXSW Sway In Morning Stage: Austin Edition and other events. From that point it just made sense to keep the vibes going. Both artist have a busy summer coming up as they both prepare for upcoming releases. Marty is gearing up his debut mixtape titled “Marty G-RAW” and a list of features that are sure hit. Slim will be busy as well, doing everything from photoshoots to dropping his upcoming and anticipated project. The long waited “NEW PHONE WHO DIS” EP is been finally announced by Slim and of course we will be keeping everyone updated.
NOW ENJOY “READY” BY SLIM DOLLARS FEAT> MARTY BALLER BELOW!
• Young mogul minded rapper & Harlem-Knight, Slim Dollars presents some new heat in the midst of this ever-changing weather with his latest released record “On & On” which plays the most cinematic sample for Slim to vent on. The six foot flow-smith takes no time to address his message with the first set a bars “My style was born to stick out like a porcupine/whip it round the block I was barely known to walk with mine/ I remember b*tches called me broke, that was an awkward time/ Now I’m hopscotching at the bank, how I jump off the lines“. He continues to draw you in by making metaphor references to childhood memories of Power-Rangers, and Jordan copping when he was younger. Representing Trip-Set & LitBoyzWorldWide, Slim is a lyrical Juggernaut and when given the appropriate production as seen here, he can be very diverse but direct. We continue to watch as Slim Dollars climbs the boards and maintains his head as the leader to many teams of like-minded peers.
ENJOY “ON & ON” BY SLIM DOLLARS BELOW!
• No introduction needed for one of our #LittBoyzWorldWide family members known as Perrion/Perry Illest. Recently the young Harlem lyricist has been releasing track after track to keep fans ears to the real music in rap these days. With another return of his monotone style over vicious production is his latest “Da Sh*t“. Filmed n the Harlem streets, Perrion stands sturdy in his deliver and combination of clever lyrics. The visual gives to the dark piano playing in the background as it shows the grit of these city streets. Perrion is gearing up for another amazing EP release as we get a sample from his newest track release “Anything Goes“, but we sleep though!
ENJOY THE VIDEO ABOVE AND A MUSICAL RELEASE BELOW!
• Above is the official video for Harlem’s Hero, Slim Dollars’ “Nobody”. This video is the musical version of #BreakTheInternet as it received many great reviews and has been the anthem this week in our headquarters. Slim Dollars connects with visual director Vintage Modern to deliver a unique visual. Shot in what looks like ths streets of Harlem, Slim is accompanied by members of the TripSet squad and his Disc Jockey DJ E-Double. Enjoy The Visual Above and look out for Underground Jesus which is set to be released this upcoming December.
• There are few R&B singers that make rappers dig deep to grasp their more lyrical side but Tinashe has manage to get two premier rappers to do just this. With one Top 25 hit under her belt with the help of TDE’s SchoolBoy Q, the young LA songstress is back with potentially another chart topping single. She reaches out to Harlem’s Hero A$AP Rocky to feature in a Romeo & Juliet tale in her latest release titled “Pretend”. The two speak about desire and lust for the one you really want. October 7th is the due date for Tinashe’s first solo album dubbed “Aquarius” and features more stars like Boi-1da, DJ Mustard, Mike WiLL Made It, and Future. Enjoy The Video Below!
• From producing tracks to assisting artist like A$AP Ferg on their albums, Crystal Caines knows this industry and it’s time this industry pay her some due attention. On her recent release titled “WhiteLines”, Crystal Caines reaches out to her good Harlem homie A$AP Ferg for a feature. The track is the first single to be released from her upcoming EP. The newcomer Caines, flexes both her producer and emcee skills on this track. The up-tempo, nose candy affair is a small sample of the Harlem born artist’s ability as dual threat talent. Combined with an excellent appearance by Ferg, the track screams hit; no pun intended. Caines and Ferg trade lyrical bars with great regularity and cohesion. Caines is on a mission to not be labeled as a hip hop artist–but an artist. A superior talent behind the board and in front of the mic.