NIGOrecently made his debut for KENZO with the French luxury powerhouse’s Fall/Winter 2022 collection. Holding the honor as the first Japanese designer to front the house since its originator Kenzo Takada, NIGO delivered a “real-to-wear” expression that blends KENZO’s heritage with modern muses.
This debut was hosted at the Galerie Vivienne in Paris, the location of Kenzo Takada’s first show (“Jungle Jap”) back in 1970. NIGO ushered in a new era for the label with this series. Cued to NIGO’s upcoming album, I Know NIGO, which features A$AP Rocky, Kid Cudi, Pharrell Williams, Pusha T, Teriyaki Boyz, Tyler, the Creator and Lil Uzi Vert, the FW22 continues Kenzo Takada’s blending of Japanese and wardrobe norms with NIGO’s unique streetwear legend lens. The newly appointed Artistic Director reimagined KENZO’s archive to unite and transcend both culture and conventional dress codes.
This Japanese-Western theme for outerwear offers pieces like the souvenir bomber jackets with a wool side sharing an embroidered map of France and silk side embellished with a map of Japan. Tapping into military influence continues with the shearling-lined nylon aviation jackets, varsity and “Ivy”-inspired graduation jackets adorned with Kenzo Takada’s original sketches. A soft collection of Harris Tweed coats, checked biker jackets, coverall jackets and other workwear, cement the influence that Takada provided to the fashion industry.
Adding another layer of personal touch, NIGO, currently learning the art of Aka-e pottery from the master potter Fujimura Shuji, showcased his new skillset with decorative adornments hand-painted by his teacher. NIGO refuses to leave out his love for animal graphics as they are viewed on many pieces in this series. The designer revived the feline stuffed-animal scarves of Kenzo Takada, along with oversized coquette’s, field caps, reversible souvenir jacket pouch bags and other carrying options emblazoned with the archive Pop Bouquet flower print and the Tamari Monogram, a new geo- pattern.
Maintaining NIGO’s philosophy toward clothing, KENZO will develop a considered wardrobe delivered through limited-edition monthly releases.
Danielle Balbuena, also known as Dani but best known as 070 Shake has emerged with her G.O.O.D Music album debut. For true fans, she has humble beginnings from her Soundcloud upbringing which fueled her sound and aesthetic to what her sound has become today. The world previewed her abilities last summer when Dani unloaded her vocal skill set on a few G.O.O.D Music projects.
Submerging records with hypnotizing vocals, Shake was featured on Kanye West’s “Ghost Town” and “Violent Crimes,” which followed an array of promising features on Pusha T’s “Santeria” and Nas’ “Not For Radio.” Fast forward and Dani delivers Modus Vivendi (which is Latin for “Mode Of Living), which is a sonic sensation of theatrical production and deep introspective lyrics by the New Jersey artist. The 22-year old blends dulcet melodies with genre-defying instrumentation to provide a narrative on love, heartbreak, depression and suicide while resulting a majestic state of hopefulness and empathy. A series of psychedelic synths, thronging vocoder effects and in pocket drum packs are offered up for Shake to delineate her passionate experiences.
Production for the album stemmed mainly from super producer Mike Dean and indie rock musician Dave Hamelin. Shake did not misplace her Jersey upbringing or her 070 Family as production from 070 Sebastian and others also made placement on the album. From intro to conclusion, Shake provides vibes of early 90’s Pop culture and meshes it seamlessly with modern Hip-Hop and R&B. Her ability to provide vivid perspectives in unique parables that any listener can relate to is outstanding. Not one feature in sight and no trend based activity is used in this authentic release of Modus Vivendi. This project simply lives on a true artistic foundation designed by this audio architect,
You can stream 070 Shake’s Modus Vivendi on all streaming platforms. She’ll be embarking on her album tour later this month — all dates can be found here.
Last Night marked a new era in Hip-Hop history as the highly anticipated collaboration of Nas & Kanye West came to fruition. Nas debuted his Kanye West produced album ‘Nasir’ to a slew of close friends, fellow artist and the lovely people of Queens Bridge during his outdoor listening party. Live from Queens, New York was the epic vibes of REAL Hip-Hop provided by one of the last living legends of lyrcal rap.
This star-studded event graced the presents of many iconic names from the music industry who traveled the 7 Train up to Queens to partake in this moment. Names like Pusha-T, 2 Chainz, 070 Shake, Jungle (Nas Older brother), Chris Rock, Ed Lover, LaLa Anthony, Casey Neistat, Large Professor, AZ, Swizz Beats, Trinidad James and so many other joined in on the musical takeover. Of course the G.O.O.D Music mastermind, Kanye West and Kim Kardashian West made their faces known to the public last night. This album release is a continuation of the G.O.O.D Music’s Good Friday release schedule, which already delivered two Kanye West based album’s (one collaborated with Kid Cudi) and the heated Pusha T album.
Brilliantly, for all who weren’t present, Mass Appeallivestreamed the entire experience. The aesthetic was military base appeal with the true Hip-Hop head vibes of classic bars and beats. Army trucks adorned the location along with camouflage tents. Signature Merch from the album was released along with pieces of some G.O.O.D Music exclusives. The full merch catalog was seen and gone within 30-minutes of fans being there. The rush was real and so was the music.
Above is the Live Stream via Mass Appeal & More Footage and Live Feed Of The ‘Nasir’ Listening Party Below!
Luxury living is a choice that trapstar Rich The Kid wasted no time making once he arrived on the music scene. To specify his luxurious lifestyle he releases his latest record dubbed ‘Can’t Afford It‘ featuring G.O.O.D Music President Pusha T. The tandum speaks on expensive choices from cars to jewlery all while expressing being the best option. Produced by Nick E Beats and The Loud Pack, the track is fueled by the heavy 808’s atop a slow tempo melody.
Take A Listen To Rich The Kid’s ‘Can’t Afford It’ Featuring Pusha T Above!
070 Shake& YesJulz is a tandum that has been brewing up ideas for a global takeover for some time now and these past two weeks have showcased YesJulz & 070 Shake‘s plans coming to life. Before we go any further, who remembers when we released the proclamation post stating that YesJulz had found what looked like one of Music’s next best artist.
Early 2016, Miami native YesJulz begun relinquishing the sound we all have come to know as 070 Shake with her hit single “Sunday Night“. From that moment on these two were inseparable from the party scene to the studio. Julz being the marketing mastermind she is, utilized many platforms to enhance Shake’s outreach. Team ups with KITH, Snapchat, & many others lead these two to the offices of G.O.O.D Music.
In 2017, Shakes name appeared in a few IG photos from G.O.O.D Music artist such as Kanye West & Kid Cudi, which raised many eyebrows of there relationship. Soon after the announcement of 070 Shake joining G.O.O.D Music surfaced and the quite kept collaborations begun.
June 2018, marks the official placement of 070 Shake & all her musical brilliance globally as she features on the lead artist of the G.O.O.D Music camp. Starting out as one of the prominent feature on Pusha T‘s ‘Daytona‘ Album, Shake offers some significant vocals on Pusha’s ‘Santeria‘ track. With all the new Rap Beef Pusha is going through, Shake’s feature may not be the most noticable but her additional vocal’s on Kanye’s recent album ‘Ye‘ definitely grabs listeners attention. Kanye utilizes Shake’s unique cadence on two of his records. She leads ‘Violent Crimes‘ intro and chorus and is also demanding attention on the outro of ‘Ghost Town‘.
As G.O.O.D Music continues to release a record every Friday of June, we can only expect that Shake’s summer feature circuit is far from over. Just announced is Kanye West & Kid Cudi’s collab album “Kids See Ghost” listening arty will be held in LA. We will keep you updated as we are sure there is more of 070 Shake to see in these upcoming release.
Below Enjoy 070 Shake’s Featured Tracks & Listen To Shake’s Debut Album ‘Glitter’ Above.
• Our good friends at TACKMA have sent over the preview lookbook for their latest released collection for Fall 2015, which showcases a few of their renown pieces with new colorways and fabrics. Dubbed the “Tribe” collection, the patterns and embroidered pieces resemble all that of a tribal tattoo. The release features signature items such as the Stealth Hoody, Thunder T Varsity jacket & Thunder T strap hat, all treated with a custom TACKMA tribal print. Making use of primary seasonal colors like Maize, Dark Blue, Forest Green and Burgundy, the collection is set to be matched with many layers and color blotching. The Ohio based brand has built relationships with many renown names that we are sure to be caught around many major venues wearing the TACKMA logo such as LeBron James, Drake, Pusha T,Lewis Hamilton and many more. With these high level endorsements, the brand is becoming more of a home-name designer and a club friendly fashion choice. This collection sees the debut of the TACKMA denim with new pant styles being offered with custom TACKMA trims and embroidery. The collection takes inspiration from nature and the American wild west, paying homage to what was. The collection launches today in select retailers worldwide and at the Tackma webstore at Tackma.com.
VISIT THE TACKMA SITE TO PURCHASE YOUR PIECES AND VIEW MORE OF THE “TRIBE” FALL 2015 COLLECTION BELOW!
• To the general public, the letter “T” lighting bolt may not spark any major significance, but to the fashion, sports and music industry, the Ohio based brand is a renown name. Hailing from the middle eastern state, it is no wonder that Tackma (They Can All Kiss My A**)was first spotted by NBA All-Star Lebron James. Many other influential individuals such as Drake, Pusha-T, Carmelo Anthony and many more have been noticed setting themselves apart with this rising brand holstered on their jackets and hats. Tackma has now decided that fashion lovers around the world deserve to experience this brands clean tailoring and custom-made accents. Today Tackma releases their first portion of their Spring 2015 collection with a lookbook. Accenting a few of their popular silhouettes, Tackma creates yet another capsule of sportswear-inspired comfort fits. The spring collection features signature items such as its tailored varsity jackets, stealth hoodies, and double layered chinos. Continue reading Fashion| Tackma Spring 2015 Collection Drop 1
• European producers have been taking the lead on cultivating music for the next generation. Swedish producer iSHi joins in as he unleashes his latest collaborative single alongside Pusha T, titled “Push It.” As we approach the release of iSHi’s full-length album later in 2015, listeners are treated to a snippet of what is in store. The track pairs a skull-pounding drumline and eerie synth harmony with King Push’s signature drug-hustle flow. In the past, Stockholm-based iSHi has made headlines through his work with names like Usher and Tinie Tempah. Enjoy The Single Above.
• So Noisey’s “Rap Monument” has created some buzz for all HipHop lovers worldwide as it platforms a continuous rap session from some of Rap’s newest and brightest. In the video below there is 42-minutes of intense lyrics, flows and faces from some of Raps best in 2014. We surely hope that Noisey keeps this up and maybe we will see some of our favorites (Slim Dollars, Perrion, Waldo, The Seventh, Little Simz, Jazz Cartier .. To name a few) on the screen.
Featuring, in order of appearance:
Raekwon da Chef
Renegade El Rey
CyHi da Prince
• The Pusha T supported brand Play Cloths has once again merged with footwear brand Saucony to develop a new rendition for the popular design Shadow Grid 9000. Deemed “Motocross“, the multicolor runners are comprised of both an equal mix of suede and nylon rip-stop materials, the runners stylishly represent the bright color tones prevalent in motocross apparel and gear. Stitched in burgundy is the number “077” which added on the corner toe of each shoe. This represents the birth year of rapper & G.O.O.D Music artist Pusha T. Completing the design is a black sole, appropriately representing tire tread.
The Play Cloths x Saucony Shadow Grid 9000 “Motocross” is now available at select retailers as well as Play Cloths’ online store.