• Those of you who have been reading what we write here at GoodGarbs know that we have become fans of the brands, artist and events we post about. There is one music team that we have built a very close relationship with who go by the name #AGO. Hailing from Grand Rapids, Michigan, this team of talent seems to continue to prosper and expand their exposure. Each one of the artist apart of AGO have a unique style, sound and following, but one of the artist is basically just a damn comedian. The Seventh is a childhood friend who we have been able to watch grow in many aspects and now is traveling the world delivering his message. The producer/rapper/stylist is one half of the latest CrossRoadTour that took place in Europe in the past months. Fresh from the plane, we were able to catch up with The Seventh to talk about the tour, his latest EP release, fashion and to hear some funny ass stories. Enjoy some updated music, videos, and the interview below. Visit @SeventhSoundsInterview w/ The Seventh
· Top three shoes you had to have packed during your Euro tour?
– Ha good questions. I packed a pair of Nike SB’s, a Sperry Boat Shoe, and a recent favorite, the Addidas L.A Trainer. I also packed a pair of Nike Roshe, but i left those shoes in the hotel room in Hamburg lol
· While in Europe what site/places/art pieces were you able to visit and draw inspiration from?
– Of course I got to see things like the big ben in London plus roam around soho and check out the soho house.Got to see the Eiffel tower, from a far, but never the less, it didn’t take from the beauty of being able to seeing things like that in person. In Berlin, I got to see some displays featuring fragments of the berlin wall, I felt privileged to be able to once again, see a piece of history with my own eyes. Side note, I also go the chance to stop in and shop at a few record shops! I picked up some cool shit thats hella sample worthy and stuff that i personally like, experimental/psych rock, jazz, and some indie bands were amongst some of the selections.
· Describe Waldo’s energy when he is on stage?
– He’s in his element when he’s up there on that stage, it’s the last piece to the whole package. His attitude and delivery on stage packs just as much punch as the Sango beats which often accompany him.
· This being your first EuroTour, what were some of the differences you felt from your fan base in Europe from those from your home fans?
– The kids in Europe really know how to rage. Most importantly, they seem to have an appreciation for new music/future music. In comparison to America, I’d say they are more prone to give underground music a chance, where in America, the masses seem to care only when your on mainstream level.
· We noticed Amsterdam was the first stop … *clears throat* so were we #teamGoGreen while there?
– Haha We were there for the Encore festival. I smoked as much weed as I could in Amsterdam lol. It was legal, so i took advantage, FULL advantage lol. Aside from baking my brain cells away, we managed to connect with some cool people, and catch a few performances from other artists who were there. There we’re a few other American artists apart of the festival, like Pusha T, Vic Mensa, Kid Ink and Ryan Leslie.
· Number 1 favorite song to perform live?
– Explicit content from Waldo’s project NSDE/OUTSDE, for sure. The kids go wild for that. We had to toss some kids off stage during the performance of that song in Paris lol.
· Favorite EuroTrip meal?
– Man food service was the move throughout the tour lol. We ate veggie burgers when we saw opportunity too. We had some bomb ass sushi that got delivered to out hotel, that took the cake for sure!
· Tell us one funny #Crossroads story?
– Most of the funny stories are things that would ole fun at us. Like being lost, unable to communicate sometimes because of language barriers, having to adjust to driving on the other side of the road, chasing down taxis and franticly running through airports trying not to miss flights for next stops.
· Who sleeps less, You or Waldo?
– I sleep less. I’m the rare breed of both a night owl and the early bird…I thinks that what they call a vampire, right? lol
· Can we expect a AGO EuroTour soon?!
– Hell yea, sooner than later, fasho. Sango is still in school. I thinks safe for one to assume that once the stars align and the demand is there, an AGO tour with the whole crew is inevitable.
· What has the response to ‘SKYGOD’ EP been thus far?
– It’s been a blessing. I feel horned to be able to drop a body of work like Skygod and reach almost a half a million hits. Im happy because when i was creating this project, I wanted to create something that was more honest as far as starting to share a lot more of circumstances i’ve been excised to in my life. Side A was def something I wanted to be clean and to the point. I think every track is different, so maybe thats why this project is receiving love from across the board.
· When not performing in Europe what did you find yourself doing?
– A lot of building. We had a few interviews, one being on air w/ at BBC. We went and took a tour of the sound cloud headquarters. We also got the opportunity to record music on the road, which is always something we look forward to being able to do. Some of out friends brought recording equipment to our hotel in Paris, one of the songs we recorded that day was recently released…It’s called “Walking on Water” from Waldo, it’s the latest track that he released.
· What Do You want to do next/ What are you doing next?
– Next for me, I got some visuals on the way. a shit ton of new production and collabs on the way. and best believe Skygod side b is coming soon, fasho. I might even drop a mixtape before then. I have a solid concept for one, just depends on how it evolves if I’m going to release it lol.