• Montreal label Raised by Wolves teams up once again with Chicago based photographer trashhand for their latest lookbook. Travelling west to the Canadian Rockies, RBW and trashhand highlight the new Fall/Winter 2014 collection against the backdrop of some of Canada’s most pristine wilderness. Product wise, the new collection is comprised of a range of North American made goods, including USA-made coaches jackets and down vests done in collaboration with Crescent Down Works. There’s also a second round of Raised by Wolves product illustrated by UK artist Arran Gregory, which includes a set of printed Canadian made sweats and tees as well as embroidered shirts and beanies. Headwear highlights include a range of hats employing fabric from iconic fabric producers, British Millerain and Woolrich and much more.
Enjoy the photos above and look forward to a release this Thursday, September 18, 2014 through Raised by Wolves.
• Over this past weekend Detroit based rapper Big Sean decided to break some momentous news with fans, while also dropping his “Metro Attitude” collaboration with adidas Originals, signing with Roc Nation, and this is all before releasing four new tracks. Sean chose to gift the new tracks to fans via Twitter; including “4th Quarter Freestyle” produced by Key Wane, “I Don’t F*ck With You” co-produced by DJ Mustard, Kanye West and DJ Dahi, “Jit/Juke” co-produced by Nate Fox, Da Internz, and L&F, and “Paradise” produced by Mike WiLL Made-It. Listen below.
• Following the final concert of their joint “On the Run” tour in Paris on Saturday night, Beyoncé and Jay Z release part one of Bang Bang, a trilogy directed by New York-based filmmaker and photographer Dikayl Rimmasch. The short films star the power couple’s filmic alter egos, which appeared throughout their two-and-a-half month tour. With an aesthetic inspired by French New Wave, part one sees two American outlaws speed through the Californian desert in a Pontiac GTO from the ’60s.
• There’s only one thing more satisfying than tracking down the perfect wardrobe addition—keeping it perfect for more than a few wash cycles. MR. BLACK was founded by two friends who wanted their selvedge jeans to stay… well…selvedge blue. Beginning with their world-first Denim Refresh spray—designed to attack surface dirt and bacteria, keeping jeans fresh without the need for harsh machine washing—the Australian company’s range has been expanding ever since. In stores from August 1, the complete MR. BLACK GARMENT ESSENTIALS™ collection builds on this concept, offering two simple tactics for extending the life of your clothes.
MR. BLACK GARMENT ESSENTIALS™ Refresh sprays and Wash products are available in pairs customised for den-
im, cotton and linen, wool and cashmere, delicates, sports clothes and shoes. With dedicated Wash formulations for white, dark and regular loads as well as a gentle leather cleaner, it’s a complete solution for people who truly love their clothes.
MR. BLACK GARMENT ESSENTIALSTM—FAST FACTS
Designed to help you wash less, MR. BLACK GARMENT ESSENTIALSTM Refresh products can significantly re- duce your weekly water consumption—not to mention your dry cleaning bill.
Natural and Biodegradable
Not only do fewer washes mean less detergent down the drain, but MR. BLACK products also replace harsh chemicals with natural, plant-based biodegradable ingredients—helping you to do your bit for the earth as well as your clothes.
Never tested on animals, MR. BLACK products are 100% Australian made and owned. Colour Safe First developed with raw denim in mind, MR. BLACK’s unique enzyme-free Wash formulations protect against discolouration, fading and bleeding—in dark as well as vividly coloured garments.
• Berlin’s own enfant terrible of streetwear, MUSCHI, has teamed up with fellow city residents DJINNS to produce a new capsule range for fall 2014. Thoroughly on-trend in its black-and-whiteness, the “Scars & Stripes” collection features a baseball shirt and shorts, two tees, two pairs of socks, two snapbacks, a pair of buckets, a boonie hat and a canvas sneaker, all rocking the “Barely Legal” branding. That might seem like standard capsule business but the devil is in the details: satin bandana fabric lines the inside of the snapbacks and the pockets of the shorts, the tees come with mesh sleeve hems, the boonie features dedicated cigarette and lighter pockets, while the sneakers have cork insoles suitable for barefoot wearing. In true MUSCHI style, the pun-filled lookbook keeps things lighthearted, while the video below thugs things out by several degrees. Each piece in the collection is limited to just 300 pieces, with everything on sale from Friday. Grab yours here.
• As some of you may know, Nicki Minaj is preparing to release her third studio album, The Pink Print, and we’ve seen more of her butt than we’ve had hot showers. Although a lot of guys have probably had to have cold ones after her “Anaconda” video. The rapper has shown a different side to herself in the latest issue of Dazed, where she stars in an editorial and cover story for the Fall/Winter 2014 issue. Shot by photographer Jeff Bark, Nicki is featured on two covers, titled “Twisted Fantasy” and “Twisted Reality,” both of which see her styled in a much more refined, ’50s-style housewife getup, which continues throughout the editorial.
Check out the full 18-page spread in the magazine on newsstands now and buy “Anaconda” here.
• Continuing their focus on the unification of style and technology in apparel, Berlin-based brand ACRONYM is back with its Fall/Winter 2014 video lookbook. Instrumental in the emergence of a new generation of technical apparel products and users, ACRONYM introduces several key styles this season and brings back proven classics from previous collections. Standout items from the collection include the light grey J1A-LP jacket and also the J41-GT drop-in jacket, which impresses with a hidden opening zipper that you have to do a double take to even notice. The ACRONYM Fall/Winter 2014 collection is now available at the brand’s online store.
• Sam Smith‘s “I’m Not the Only One” is one of the defining tracks from his multi-platinum selling album In the Lonely Hour. Now Sam has teamed up with one of the hottest names in hip-hop in recent years, A$AP Rocky, to feature on a new version of this latest single. Rocky is the newest addition to Sam’s incredible list of collaborators which include the likes of Nile Rogers, Disclosure, Naughty Boy and Mary J. Blige. Recently Sam announced the In the Lonely Hour tour which sees him bring his critically acclaimed live show to the UK in the new year with a string of dates concluding in two special shows at London’s O2 Academy Brixton in March. “I’m Not the Only One” featuring A$AP Rocky will be available on iTunes beginning September 10.
• One of our favorite British producer SBTRKT , has released the latest single from his upcoming second studio album Wonder Where We Land featuring guest vocals by the industry’s current rising star, Atlanta’s own Raury. Singing emphatically on the hook before utilizing a subdued, double-tap flow throughout his verses, Raury is already being compared with the likes of André 3000, Kid Cudi and Childish Gambino. Wonder Where We Land is approaching, due September 22 and will also feature appearances from A$AP Ferg, Jessie Ware, Sampha, Warpaint, and Vampire Weekend’s.
SBTRKT will be touring around the release of the album, as well as playing a special show as part of the iTunes Festival at London’s Roundhouse on September 19.
Enjoy The Track Video Below!