• LA songstress BANKS follows up the release of her track “Beggin For Thread” with the above visuals. Beautiful as always, BANKS treats us to a mostly black and white video with dramatic flashes of tonal red cut in for contrast. Interpretive dancers and a white horse appear on an empty sound stage, moving and writhing to the California musician’s haunting melody and lyrics. Enjoy the video above and watch the video for “Drowning” here.
• We seem to continue to find friends from all over the world who are dedicated to building and distributing quality materials. Our newest friend is our European friends at OPPERMAN leather making brand. This unique brand thrives on presenting the best fabrics with amazing styling. This brand is forming a following who is intrigued by great leather and destinct designs. Opperman’s solution is to become a vertically integrated, online-only brand.
We started to work directly with each manufacturing partner and distribute to our customers without middlemen, giving us complete control over our supply chain.
Oppermann represents a synergy of Anglo-
Swedish design. An aesthetic inspired by Swedish minimalism and the individuality of London style, where excellent crafts-
manship and sturdy constructions meet crisp lines and geometric shapes. Drawing influences from modernist architecture and design, we strip away the clutter so that what’s there, is all that’s needed. We’re on a quest to find and partner with the best manufacturers across Europe and beyond. By taking the time to find the most skilled people, we can offer you a truly unique product. One that will stand the test of time. We believe that every material and component has a tale to tell and we’d like to share them with you.
“Great design is achieved by those who know what to subtract and what to retain”
SOFT, SMOOTH, SALIENT
Our second line is centered around a duality of surfaces. Tumbled leather from Tärnsjö Garveri in Sweden and a smooth trim leather from Italy create an understated, but sharp contrast of textures. With the handle and trim endings receding underneath the outer panels, the collection explores the interplay of layers and surfaces.
With a softer leather, the bags are designed with a more relaxed silhoutte than our Core Collection, but keep that essential elegant appearance. The Surfaces collection is rep-resented by a duo of our newest briefcase and a compact weekend bag.
• Converse has announced the continuation of its North American CONS Project – a series of global community workshops designed to inspire the next generation of creative spirits through skate, art and music workshops taking place in New York, Los Angeles, Boston and Toronto. Demonstrating the brand’s continuous dedication to fueling creativity all over the globe, the creative seminars will offer tangible, hands-on lessons for local youth ranging from ages 16 and up, at no cost. Led by an expert roster of renowned legends and up-and-coming superstars alike, each CONS Project workshop is set to focus on various aspects within the CONS lifestyle including building skate structures, filming skate videos and more.
“Building Skate Structures” – the first set of workshops slated to start on Saturday, August 9 in New York and Los Angeles, and Saturday, August 16 in Boston and Toronto – kicks off the series, where local workshop ambassadors in each city teach participants to create and design skate-able structures such as mini-ramps, quarter pipes, barriers and more.
To register, find out more information and view original CONS Project content be sure to visit CONS Project.
• In fashion today accessories can almost make the outfit and for those who seek to remain fashionable but live the hikers lifestyle there is an accessory line for you. As backpakers ourselves, we at Goodgarbs have stumbled across a brand that keeps fashion and convenience close together.
Filson‘s Dry Bag collection is one of the newest innovative designs for travel. These are lightweight, durable, and stylish bags that can protect your stuff in just about any situation. The Dry Messenger bag ($140), for instance, is made from 18-oz. vinyl-coated polyester and features a roll top with hook-and-loop tab, adjustable buckle straps that cinch down on the sides, an adjustable shoulder strap, and a water-resistant zip front pocket.
Visit the site to purchase
• VICE‘s food channel Munchies is back with a new episode of F*ck, That’s Delicious featuring chef-turned-rapper Action Bronson. Arriving in the UK for episode three, the rapper shows us around his favorite restaurants, which include a vast array of international cuisine thanks to London’s multi-ethnic population. From his own concoction “white trash bruschetta,” to Chinese BBQ pork buns and Nigerian home cooking, Bronson tastes the world without ever having to leave Old Blighty and He Raps.
• We have all heard and/or read one of the worldwide publishing phenomenons that certainly satisfied more than just a few people’s deepest and darkest fantasies, the adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey now has a trailer. With 100 million copies of the book sold, newcomer Jamie Dornan plays Christian Grey while Dakota Johnson fills the role of Anastasia Steele – all the while framed by a remix of Beyonce’s “Crazy in Love.” Fifty Shades of Grey premieres February 11, 2015.
• Los Angeles lifestyle brand Hotel 1171 has released a visual celebration of their favorite season with the short “Cruel Summer.” Created by Hotel 1171′s Brett Baldwin and artist/director Charles Bergquist, the video stars model Cassy Gerasimova and doesn’t focus on a particular product or collection. Instead it acts as an ode to the great Californian summer, honoring creative freedom and doing what you love.
• Man of the Moment Pharrell Williams continues to dominate the pop-culture zeitgeist with the official music video for “Come Get It Bae.” The first half of the video features the musician behind the camera, mesmerized by the models as they dance simply to his clap-heavy track, before things take a noticeable turn with Miley Cyrus‘ entry. Seemingly lured into her charm, Pharrell joins his stars on the makeshift dance floor to finish off the followup to last year’s smash hit, “Happy.”