• HipHop Entertainment brand and LA based music group TDE has decided to try their hand at the Fashion industry with their latest capsule collection. Dubbed “New Classic“, many consider this TDE’s answer to OVO’s fashion line. Home to talents such as Kendrick Lamar, SZA, SchoolBoy Q and more, designing something outside of Tour merch had yet to be seen until now.
Utilizing a new logo design, the TDE collection is geared around comfortable pieces with minimal graphics as seen on their new hoodies, t-shirts, sweatpants, shorts, hats and a hockey jersey. These articles all follow the colorways of this collection such as grey, black, maroon, navy and white, depending on the piece.
Ranging from $40 – $110 USD, TDE’s “New Classic” Capsule Collection is currently available on the brands home webstore.
…. More Views Of TDE’s “New Classic” Collection Below, ENJOY ….
• TDE’s Kendrick Lamar has set records and broke boundaries after releasing his second label-recorded album ‘To Pimp A Butterfly ‘, which was dropped a week in advance. Loyal fans furor forced the label to acknowledge the historic push and document the incessant support that listeners supply. Maintaining the buzz built, Kendrick takes off on a USA promo tour, where he is meeting & greeting fans who recently purchased his LP. Taking flight from Compton to New York City, we watch as Kendrick receives and reciprocates the love. K.Dot’s people captured some of those moments and have since released a promo video to give a peek behind-the-scenes of all the madness.
ENJOY THE VIDEO ABOVE!
• We can officially hand the title of “Compton’s Finest” over to Top Dawg Ent.’s Kendrick Lamar. Yesterday was the official surpise release of his second label album dubbed “To Pimp A Butterfly”. This 80’s production based album gives the most concious side of K.Dot that he has presented yet. The Dr.Dre backed artist places a new level of clarity on his point of view on Black Lives in today’s society. Needless to say this album is a must listen regardless of race, because the creativity used to develop this album is timeless. This will be an album that will be played for generations to come. Stream The Album below.
• Kendrick Lamar recently excelled at the Grammy’s with multiple wins for has last release “i”, which won Best Rap Song and Best Rap Performance. Keep this positive energy going, King Kendrick has released another single from his highly anticipated forthcoming album. Titled “The Blacker the Berry,” the Boi-1da produced track displays Kendrick verbally abusing this instrumental as he aggressively relays his feelings on today’s most social confratations. For those who did not enjoy “i” as a single from Kendrick, will have a different opinion on this relelase. Listen to “The Blacker the Berry” above and be sure to let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
• Top Dawg Entertainment’s leading lyricist Kendrick Lamar has made a lot of internet and radio buzz lately with talks about the need for positivity in HipHop/Rap music today. His renown “I” single from his second upcoming album is a great example of this new level of positive rap. The young Cali-based rapper has finally released a visual for this up-tempo, fell-good track and the visual matches completely. The low lighting and underground setting of this video gives the full down to earth feel that surrounds King Kendrick’s reputation. He is joined by R&B icon Ron Isley who’s sample was used for this song. The visual is a great gift to Kendrick’s REAL fans who appreciate the light hearted approach to his musical delivery. Stay Tuned for more info on Kendrick’s upcoming album and SNL appearance. Enjoy The Video Above.
• Young Sinatra also known as Logic, is one of the next up and coming lyricist that the HipHop game has been requesting for. We have been blessed with artist like the TDE squad (Kendrick Lamar and Ab-Soul specifically) that have been contributors to the art of storytelling and bringing meaningful lyrics to the industry. We now have a new voice to blaze amazing instrumentals while giving a verbal description of his growing pains. The young artist reigns from Gaithersburg, Maryland and gives such a soulful effort to his music about what life was growing up there.
Logic grew up in a hectic environment, full of racism, drugs, and alcohol abuse. He dropped out of high school, was kicked out of his mother’s house, and soon found himself living in his friend Lenbo’s basement. It was there that he would hone his craft of making music, along with his friends 6ix and C Dot Castro.
The Project that we are excited to share is dubbed Under Pressure which includes tracks like “Gang Related”, “Nikki” and “Driving Ms. Daisey” feat. Childish Gambino. This Project has been highly anticipated and has received great reviews as Logic gives such an industry ready piece to his fans. Well put together, great production and top notch mixing is what we enjoy. Logic delivered
ENJOY THE STREAMED LP & A FEW VIDEOS BELOW!!
• Art isn’t always applied to music today, but when it comes to artist Flying Lotus, Art and Music are one in the same. Today, Flying lotus released his new album “You’re Dead”, which is a follow-up to 2012’s Until the Quiet Comes. The 19-track LP is lead by the song “Never Catch Me” featuring Kendrick Lamar. Additional features and contributions come from Snoop Dogg, Thundercat, Herbie Hancock, Angel Deradoorian, Niki Randa, and FlyLo’s alter-ego Captain Murphy.
The Album is on ITunes but we have it here courtesy of Spotify for listening today! ENJOY and THANK US LATER!
• These last 12 months for Chris Brown, consisting of jail time, court-ordered rehab and constant delays, but his comeback is finally complete as his new album, X, made it in stores today. Featuring the smash single, “Loyal,” plus collaborations with everyone from Kendrick Lamar and Nicki Minaj to Usher and R. Kelly, Breezy’s sixth LP already seems to be winning critics over. Listen to the album in full below and head to iTunes to purchase.
• The ever so eclectic combination of producer Flying Lotus and West Coast rap ruler Kendrick Lamar is one of those timeless collaborations. These two have teamed up for the jazzy “Never Catch Me” track from the producer’s forthcoming album You’re Dead!. Rumor from Pitchfork, “Never Catch Me” is just the beginning of what could be an extensive partnership between the two, with Lotus remarking, “I went on tour and he recorded to a bunch of my songs. I don’t know if he’s gonna use them or not, but he recorded a bunch of stuff, which is why there’s no Captain Murphy album out yet. He took all my beats!” You’re Dead! is out October 7. Enjoy The Track Below.
• Ab-Soul is one of the diamonds in the rough of this music genre called Hip-Hop and is quiet under-rated. While his black hippy-colleagues Kendrick Lamar and Schoolboy Q relax and celebrate recent major successes, it is clear the next generation is T.D.E with Isaiah Rashad and SZA are already waiting in the wings and we can not forget old-hippy Jay Rock. This year these last group of artist will finally be moved into deserved spotlight. So we are left with question, Is there still space for Soulo in all this? At this time there is no great interscope release competing with that of Kendrick and Q, but now we are graced with “These Days”.
What may seem like pent-up frustration has pushed the artist leaken his own album. Top Dawg CEO Anthony Tiffith stepback and as fast as everything seems things seem to be fine since today is “These Days”first day on the digital sale shelves. With guests such as, Inter Alia, Rick Rross, Lupe Fiasco, Action Bronson, Danny Brown, Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q and it continues. The complete album-streamis available but we have the leak here at GoodGarbs. ENJOY!